Thursday, August 25, 2011

8/25/11

Rhetoric is used everywhere, whether it's a giant billboard advertising a new product or a simple label on a soda can. Companies use rhetoric to persuade the customer to doing what the company wants them to. Many of the items that you come across on a daily basis involve some use of rhetoric. Coke cans, bulletin boards, flyers and signs are just some of the many. When I walk to class I see that many of the sororities and fraternities wear their Greek letters to show for whomever they may support. They try to show the rest of the university that they are the best in campus and want people to pledge to either their sorority or fraternity. I also see many of the clubs and organizations have tables set up along the way to my class. They try to heavily persuade me to join their club mainly with rhetoric usage. The clubs and organizations use large signs with lots of quotes and pictures on them telling what the benefits are and also what I will be doing to help out someone or something such as the community. Rhetoric can sometimes be very useful to me if I were trying to decide something. As if I wanted to join a club, but didn't really know which one to choose. The club members and their use of rhetoric will help me decide on the best club or organization for me.
                                      - Cody

1 comment: