Sunday, August 28, 2011

When I look at this political cartoon I can relate to it because of the high cost of tuition for college. The cartoon show how the first day of college for the student he checks his facebook, much like I did, and it shows the parents looking at the tuition bill with a shocked look on their faces. The headline is also clever saying "checking your facebook," and "facing you checkbook." To me this political cartoon is showing how students can take their education for granted. College is a privilege, not a right. So this cartoon makes me stop and think that I need to take college serious and not take it for granted. A crucial point is brought up in this cartoon. Which is that college tuition is only going to keep getting more and more expensive. With the cost growing, a college education is becoming out of reach for some people. The students face in the cartoon says it all. He has a smile on his face while his parents have a stressed look on their face, showing that he doesn't fully realize the impact a college tuition has on his parents finances. As for me, I don't want to take college for granted and hopefully make it out with a degree.
 http://www.cagle.com/news/CollegeCosts11/2.asp
                                              -Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment